Friday, November 2, 2012

Some Jersey Love

What a week it has been, it's been hard to think about much else other than the devastation that hurricane Sandy left in it's wake.  The images are chilling and my thoughts and prayers are with every one affected.  I'm really heartbroken seeing the New Jersey shore pictures. 
Seaside Heights, NJ via MSN.com

I spent plenty of time on the Jersey shore growing up (we headed to Wildwood Crest when we weren't headed to the NC Outer Banks).  I have a fondness for New Jersey, because I know that the whole state isn't summed up in what you see on the reality shows.  I love the boardwalks, the beaches, Cape May, Atlantic City and stopping at a Wawa along the way.  I could go on and on.

Of course NJ isn't alone in the devastation, let's not forget everyone else in the region that are still without power, gas, food, heat, etc.  So hard to see.  If this had happened just 6 years ago when I lived in Westchester County, NY, I would have been affected.  And also don't forget the massive snowfall that happened up in the mountains of West Virginia and Maryland (my friend in that region had 30+ inches of snow and they are still without power).  So keep those affected in your thoughts and prayers and if you want to help please head over to the Red Cross and give whatever you can.
 
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. it's still so hard for me to grasp! such devastation

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard ot look at the pictures. I spent some summers visiting the shore, and it was always such a fun place. It is hard to believe that so much of it has been demolished.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that there is such devastation.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to believe. My heart goes out to the shore. Chin up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...