Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Target vs Burberry Owls

I popped into my local Target yesterday with the intention of picking up my girl's Pre-K school supplies.  Well that was a huge bust since they were wiped out of every crayon, pencil and eraser ever made.  Seriously it looked like a bomb went off.  Luckily she doesn't "officially" need these supplies until next Monday.  Feeling deflated I wandered over to the clothing section to see what they had.  Research, if you will (I will!).  Remember Burberry's Fall 2012 collection?  Remember all those adorable shirts and sweaters with the critters on them (the standout critter being the owl)?  Let me refresh your memory:
Cute, right?  But these are all just a bit pricey (the sweater is like $1200 and the tees are around $275).  Eeek!

I really hoped that a less expensive alternative would be available.  Well, leave it up to Target to help a girl out!  I was browsing the racks and came upon this cutie:
and to top it off it was on sale for $17 (originally it's $22.99)!  I think it's a nice substitute, so I snapped it up.  I also found this tee (but didn't buy):
It's $12 and would be super cute with some jeans and a black blazer!

What do you think?  Are you into the critter trend?

Images top via Shopstyle.com, middle and bottom via Target

11 comments:

  1. I. LOVE that owl sweater. Looked at it myself, but haven't bought it yet. Don't they also have a few other graphic sweaters? I know Old Navy does too. Methinks one is in my future for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those are great finds! I don't have enough fun tees like that, so that's what I would get. Leave it to Target to always have exactly what you're not looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the tshirt a lot! Which is odd since usually I find owls to be extremely creepy. Like I can't even look at them they are so creepy to me. Must be the touch of tribal print to it. I may have to get it! Super cute! Target is always so on trend...and in my budget ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obsessed with the Burberry owls. I saw the Target versions a few weeks ago I think they're cute but they're not as polished as the Burberry ones. I'm still holding out for a Burberry tee XD
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweatshirt is a great alternative...so is the tee. I like animal prints, but don't think I have anything with a single animal/logo! I'll have to inventory my shirts now...I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't see these or I'd have snapped up one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your finds. I am also browsing now for more animal print sweaters. Have to check Target.
    And thank you for the birthday wishes. We are the same age sounds like! :)
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry if this sounds wrong but yes, I have a thing for owls. Cute finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have to make trip to target and pick these up for my sister. She loves owls and teaches at a school where the mascot is an owl.

    I am having a giveaway on my blog, hope you can stop by and enter. Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...