Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Five - Givenchy Fall 2012 Couture

If Karl Lagerfeld ever needs to learn how to edit a collection, just boil a collection down to the nitty gritty (and he might want to try that*), then he just needs to give Riccardo Tisci a call.  Seriously, his collections might lack in number of looks, but they certainly never lack in craftsmanship and detail.  Breathtakingly so.  These are certainly not work-a-day clothes, nor are they going to appeal to most.  But that's sort of the point of Haute Couture, no?  Couture is essentially custom built clothing that is assembled by hand with extraordinary attention to detail.  And what details.  Check out my picks below:
Back

Front



front was similar but the back photo showed the fringe better
Images via Vogue.com

*and yes, I understand that Chanel is quite a bit larger of a company and they need to appeal to many more markets/stores than Givenchy, so they naturally need to provide more product options.  However, I still think KL's collections (especially for Chanel) tend to ramble.  Maybe just tighten up the runway looks.  Throwing spitballs people...

4 comments:

  1. Yes, these are beautiful. They're works of art, not just clothes. And yes, isn't that the point of Haute Couture? I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is my Fave! Love the fur trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last comment made me LOL.
    Seriously, these are not mere articles of clothing. This is art.
    I would kill, KILL to try one of these on and walk a runway. Oh to dream...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...