Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Five - Chanel Couture Fall 2012

I'm going to sum up this collection in two words:  pink and grey.  And fluff.  Basically, there were lots of pink and grey outfits and some of them were fluffy.  It featured the usual mix of textures and classic "Chanel" suit variations.  Very beautiful, yes (see detail shots after my picks), but repetitive.  Look I'm going to be honest I'm down on Karl Lagerfeld at the moment.  He says the meanest most absurd things (like calling Adele "fat" and just a couple of weeks ago said that Kate Middleton's sister Pippa, should just be looked at from the back because her face is ugly or something to that effect) and I'm just kind of sick of it.  Hey Karl, you don't get a "pass" because you are an eccentric designer, mean is mean no matter who you are.  Seriously, if you don't have something nice to say then just don't say it!  Sorry for the rant, but I had to get it off my chest.  Here are my picks, enjoy!



This look is a good way to sum up the collection - metallic mixed with tweed.

Love this metallic grey with the "spray" of the hot pink".

Stunning wedding gown finale.

Detail shots (where Couture lives, in the details)!
Ah, this fabric is so gorgeous!

How awesome is the iridescent (looks to be printed on, but could be woven in - can't tell from this picture) fabric?

Totally digging these leather sleeve/gloves shown with quite a few looks (see above look too).

Images via Style.com

5 comments:

  1. I agree, those are horrible (and untrue!) things to say, and he shouldn't get a pass because of who he is. That being said, I think he could say whatever he wanted to me if he gave me that silver dress with the hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny - I could not agree with you more about KL. Jackass (him, not you)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that K.L. is a jerk omg! I am Loving this Chanel collection though. The second look is my Fave! Now if I could just afford it : ). I watched a Coco Chanel movie on lifetime recently that was pretty good. Very informative too. Coco Completely revolutionized fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only tried the skinny girl margarita and it is pretty good. It isn't as potent as if you made your own margarita but all in all a good buy. I feel less guilty when drinking it
    ; )
    I am having a hard time deciding on what Toms to get. I am torn between the silver glitter ones you were wearing and some wedges. Decisions decisions. I wish I could get both but I have to be good since I have to go back to school shopping for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the first suit here. Did not know he was such a meanie. Does he think that HE is some treat to look at?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...