Friday, August 10, 2012

My Five - Armani Prive Fall 2012 Couture

This collection was all about pastels and shine mixed in with lots of grounding black (velvet, no less).  These pastels were a mix of lavenders, blues, mauves, pinks.  It was a very soothing palette that brought to mind outer space for me but the actual inspiration wasn't far off, it was dusk and dawn, those colors and how they play with the night sky.  I actually really love that, those colors and light create a mood - who doesn't stop with awe at the colors of a spectacular sunrise and/or sunset?  Here are my picks:




Images via Vogue.com

9 comments:

  1. not feeling this, minus that amazing last dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, "soothing" is the perfect word to describe this color palette! I love the combination of black and pastels, it makes me think that maybe I won't have to put them away for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this color pallette. The third picture of the dress is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite interesting, ha ha, not sure I like the hair. ;) But I love the color palette
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. space was the first thing that came to mind, as did christopher kane's collection?? but i really like the 4th dress. i could see myself wearing it!!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely hues!
    have a fabulous & fashionable weekend dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color palette is just Gorgeous! Lavender is one of my Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second to last one is especially incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous stuff. 2-4 are a little reminiscent of Marni circa 3 years ago-ish (which to me is a good thing). Beautiful and very wearable, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...