Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Museum Report - Ralph Rucci Exhibit at SCAD


I'm finally going to share my pictures and thoughts about the "Looking Back to the Future: Ralph Rucci Evolved" exhibit at the Andre Leon Talley Gallery at the SCAD museum in Savannah during my vacation!  First of all I should say that I'm a huge Ralph Rucci fan, I believe he's one of the top 5 designers working today.  His work is so precise and the details are so impressive.  I'm even more impressed having seen the work up close.  The workmanship blows my mind.  So many parts coming together to create these breathtaking garments.  I love his structure and tailoring, the subtle and not so subtle embellishments, and the mix of materials used and how they marry in one garment and/or look.  But enough of my rambling, I'll let the pictures talk for themselves, enjoy!


Here's the list of all the looks in the exhibit:

 Please excuse the quality of the photos, I left the house without my camera and just had my daughter's iTouch - duh. I'm still kicking myself.
All images via me!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like an amazing exhibit! I admit that I'd never heard of Ralph Rucci--honestly, what kind of fashion blogger am I?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'd love to have seen that'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...