Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Five - Chanel Resort 2013

I'm going to risk any future invites to Chanel shows with this little review but hey, that's a chance I'm willing to take (ha ha).  All I have to say is "What the hell?"  Like seriously, can someone tell Karl to stop.  Enough with the goofy menswear!  Just because something is Chanel doesn't mean it's good.  There I said it.  And the shoes in this collection, look after look of platform, fugly sneakers.  Shoot me now.  I don't drink the Karl kool aid.  I respect him as a designer (the man is crazy productive) but I absolutely think he's a nutball.  He's one of those weird creative genius types that kind of scare you because they are so out of touch and live in their heads.  But that's not to take away from the incredibly talented team he has at Chanel.  The people that actually make the clothes he thinks up.  No matter how outlandish the creations may be, there is no question that they are impeccably made using only the finest materials.  So here are my picks from this impeccably made yet head-scratching collection.





Images via Vogue.com

2 comments:

  1. Even these are a little too bizarre for me, I'm afraid. And I agree with you--what's up with those crazy platform sneakers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Jenny...bad, bad and more bad! So disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...