1. What blogging communities do you belong to?
Let's see I'm a member of Bloglovin', IFB, the FBFF group (duh) and I'm a Rosebud. I think those are considered "blogging communities". I'm interested to see what everyone else says. I'm sure I'm missing some.
2. What do you think the roll of community is in blogging?
I think it's there for information, support, sharing and interaction. This blogging thing can make you feel like a lone wolf in the woods sometimes (or is that just me?). It's not like everyone you meet knows and can chat about blogging. It's nice to have places you can go and get advice and ask questions.
3. Blog comments, twitter interactions and meaningful Facebook threads have decreased in the last several months. What are your thoughts on why that is?
I'm not sure what the cause of this is. Maybe it's Pinterest? Maybe it's just too much information/too many blogs? I know I've been struggling with information overload and just wanting to unplug more. I also get tired of the endless stream of seemingly perfect images and lives that bloggers put out there (myself included). I really loved the "Things I'm Afraid To Tell You" movement that popped up a few weeks ago from Jess then Ez really got the ball rolling. That was refreshing (but I didn't do my own, maybe I should?)
4. How do you cultivate community around your blog?
I'm not sure I do. Maybe I need to work on that. I always wanted to do a series with guest bloggers, maybe that should be on my "to do" list. I do know that I'm endlessly grateful for all my regular readers/commenters. They really make my day. I'm a small blog, but I have a great bunch of followers! You know who you are xoxo
5. If you could make one resolution to be a better community member what would it be?
To interact more. To ask questions, visit more blogs, comment more.
Make sure you pop over to Modly Chic and see what everyone else has to say!
Have a great weekend!