Friday, June 8, 2012

Friend Friday - Blogging Community

I'm joining up with Katy over at Modly Chic for another FBFF linkup.  Today's questions are all about Blogging Communities, so let's get going!


1.  What blogging communities do you belong to?

Let's see I'm a member of Bloglovin', IFB, the FBFF group (duh) and I'm a Rosebud.  I think those are considered "blogging communities".  I'm interested to see what everyone else says.  I'm sure I'm missing some.

2.  What do you think the roll of community is in blogging?

I think it's there for information, support, sharing and interaction.  This blogging thing can make you feel like a lone wolf in the woods sometimes (or is that just me?).  It's not like everyone you meet knows and can chat about blogging.  It's nice to have places you can go and get advice and ask questions.

3.  Blog comments, twitter interactions and meaningful Facebook threads have decreased in the last several months.  What are your thoughts on why that is?

I'm not sure what the cause of this is.  Maybe it's Pinterest?  Maybe it's just too much information/too many blogs?  I know I've been struggling with information overload and just wanting to unplug more.  I also get tired of the endless stream of seemingly perfect images and lives that bloggers put out there (myself included).  I really loved the "Things I'm Afraid To Tell You" movement that popped up a few weeks ago from Jess  then Ez really got the ball rolling.  That was refreshing (but I didn't do my own, maybe I should?)

4.  How do you cultivate community around your blog?

I'm not sure I do.  Maybe I need to work on that.  I always wanted to do a series with guest bloggers, maybe that should be on my "to do" list.  I do know that I'm endlessly grateful for all my regular readers/commenters.  They really make my day.  I'm a small blog, but I have a great bunch of followers!  You know who you are xoxo

5.  If you could make one resolution to be a better community member what would it be?

To interact more.  To ask questions, visit more blogs, comment more. 


Make sure you pop over to Modly Chic and see what everyone else has to say!

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Your comment "Maybe it's just too much information/too many blogs? I know I've been struggling with information overload and just wanting to unplug more." really hit home for me. I believe I am reaching a saturation point on blog/pinterest viewing interaction. I want to do stuff and make stuff and not just read about others who are. I am also at a point where I feel my work does not measure up to others I see, so instead of inspiring me, the opposite is happening. I just really enjoy the connections I have made with blog-friends. Some have become real face-to-face friends and that is special. I think I am going to curtail my internet cruising for a while, see what happens, but don't worry, I am still watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these answers! I have noticed a huge decrease in comments lately. I suppose I cant complain too much because I have been a bit lax on the blog front lately. My daily life is too demanding. I do however have a select few bloggers that I try and make a point to comment on their posts when I have a chance and you my dear are one of them. You are on my list of favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great set of questions--I've been slacking at participating in FBFF, but I loved reading the answers this week. I agree that sometimes there's information overload, and you need to just take a break from it all from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great FBFF topic this week! I've wanted to do a "get real" or (things I'm afraid to tell you post) but have backed down every time I start to write it. If I disclosed all the drama in my life I'm afraid of what people may say (comment). haha. Oh well, one day maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great dialog - great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely think there's an information overload! Guest blogging is fun and helps a lot of when you're traveling so you don't have to worry about posts. I know I appreciated it :) I have to check out this "Things I'm Afraid to Tell You" movement

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always a great thing to interact with fellow bloggers, you never know what you can get from all that and what amazing people you will meet :))
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...