Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Weekend Recap!

I'm tired.  Super tired after this past weekend of cleaning.  And to top it off my girl got bitten by some sort of creepy crawly on the top of the foot Monday and it swelled up big time.  I kept her home from preschool yesterday so needless to say I got nothing accomplished.  We ran to the doctor just to make sure it wasn't something worse than it was and she asked the doctor for a cast.  That's how she rolls - dramatic to say the least. ;o)

Since I headed out early Friday I didn't have a chance to mention that I shared my favorite Children's clothing tip over on 11 Gray last Friday11 Gray is Jessica's (formerly of Lavender and Lilies) great new blog covering all things design, baby, cooking, etc.  Make sure you stop by and say hello!

Back to this past weekend at my Mom's.  We cleaned and sorted and donated and still there's so much more to do. But we got a great start and I found some pretty cool things that I thought I would share (if you're following me on Instagram @Spryonthewall then you've seen a couple of these already).  Check out the treasures:
Vintage Playboy Club ashtray in orange.

A handmade quilt from the '70s that my Great-Aunt made me.  You can't totally tell from the picture but that green is neon and so pretty.  The darn thing looks brand new!  Score!  My daughter has already claimed it as her own.

Vintage Liberty of London silk scarf - I've hung it up to help the wrinkles fall out and to air it out (garage storage = funky smell)

Pretty cool, right?  Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some Great finds! I hope your daughter is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Those are some great finds and I'm sure your glad you found them! That ashtray is really cool. I've got one left over from my RJ Reynolds days (not cool/vintage like yours)...yours is really cool! That quilt is so pretty! And that scarf was a great find...I'm a huge scarf person...I have tons of them. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...