Friday, April 6, 2012

My Five - Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2012

This was Stefano Pilati's last collection for YSL, which kind of makes me sad, I've come to love his work there.  It felt like an homage to the wide shouldered, leather clad 80's gals.  It was all about black, large, scattered prints and chain mail.  Sounds scary, right?  Well, it's not, it's actually quite lovely.  But really what I want to discuss are the shoes - the SHOES!  The amazing, gorgeous, fantastic shoes!  Swoon city, people!  Check them out:






What do you think?

 Here are a couple of outfit picks - I mostly focused on the chain mail pieces because I found them the most interesting.  It's a material that comes off very tough and industrial, but he manages to use them in very ladylike ways.  I love that mix.
 Pencil skirt?  Yes, please!

Sheath?  Hello!


A detail shot of a dress - gorgeous!


And now some of the jewelry:

Images via Vogue.com

7 comments:

  1. I think the shoes work so well with the clothes on the runway. And I totally love that leaf bracelet...it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Those shoes!!! YSL has some of the Most Beautiful shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog and brilliant post!!! You're amazing!!! Your sense of style is fantastic too!!! Absolutely brilliant...

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is truly amazing — on first glance, you can't tell it's chain mail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, those shoes! I just can't get over them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing collection. I just love the angular heels on the shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...