Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I've been on the road for work and for fun since last Wednesday. So today I'm playing catch up. The best part was that I got to see my bestie for the first time in almost 2 years! She just moved into the most gorgeous house in the NC mountains.   Here is a picture of the view from her back deck yesterday morning.  Breathtaking, right?

I went up to help her paint her youngest son's bedroom (he wasn't on board with the existing pink walls). We painted (and laughed) for 2 straight days and ended up with a lovely sage green room! He is now one happy 4 year old!  Oh and a side note, she made me watch the movie Black Swan, which was made in the land of suck.  Seriously what a pointless dredge.  I just kept pointing out that the best part of the movie was the fact that both Spock and Luke Skywalker's mothers were in the film.  Because everything eventually comes back to Star Wars and Star Trek.  Oh and I kept yelling "Where's Bette Midler?" every time Barbara Hershey was on the screen.  I hope they made her look bad in the movie, because otherwise she's had some bad plastic surgery, Bless her heart.

I also bought some of Garnier's B.B. Cream this morning.  I came home and put some on and it's pretty good.  I usually use Olay's Total Effects Tone Correcting UV moisturizer - which is awesome, but at $23 I wanted to see if there was a more affordable option out there.  The B.B. Cream ($12) is thicker and a bit more tacky to the touch than the Olay, but it gives comparable coverage.  I'm not in love with the smell of it, it's a strong sort of fruity/floral.  I'll give it a few more days and figure it out.

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try that BB Cream, I'm just waiting until my tinted moisturizer runs out. I'm glad you had a fun weekend visiting your friend; you're right, that view is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did a review of it. i liked it, but then again i have dry skin, so i like the dewy finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice you got to see your friend, even if it was over painting! she has a gorgeous view!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful view!!!
    And yea...didn't really enjoy Black Swan either, it was creepy, haha
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you can reference "Beaches" and "Star Wars" in the same blog post, you know you're doing something right ;)

    I've been out of the blog-reading loop lately, so no idea when you got the new blog look -- but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...