Friday, April 27, 2012

Friend Friday - Outfit Planning

Linking up again with Katy over at Modly Chic for another set of FBFF questions.  This week is all about outfit planning, away we go:

1. How do you go about picking your outfit for the day?
True story - when I was little I used to have the worst time picking out what I was going to wear each morning, I just could not make a decision in the mornings under that time crunch.  The process always made me run late, drove my Mother nuts and usually ended in tears.  Every. Single. Morning.  Until my Mother put her foot down.  Each night if I didn't lay out what I was going to wear the next day my Mom would charge me 25 cents (hey, it was the 80's, that was a lot of cheddar for moi).  I think I forgot to lay out my outfit like 3 times before I decided I would like to keep my money (and sanity).  Therefore laying out my clothes the night before became a habit, one I didn't break until I became a stay-at-home Mom (that's because days with a newborn with acid reflux are quite organic - and messy - lol!).  Since I work from home I'm not as good about planning outfits as I once was when I had to be in an office 9-to-5, but I still plan my outfits the night before if I have to travel or be in meetings the next day.  It's a good habit to have especially if you aren't a morning person - two thumbs pointing at this gal!

2. Do you try stuff on and then take pics to see how it looks, like Cher in Clueless?
Nope, though when I used to do more outfit posts, I would see what outfits look like and make note to not wear that combo again after seeing the pictures.

3. And are you consistent in your planning or lack thereof, or is your planning limited to special events?
See the last part of question #1

4. Do you have a way of keeping track of which outfits you wore when?
Nope, but hats off to those who do!

5. How do you come up with new clothing combinations?
Usually I just dive in the closet and start pulling combos to see what works.  I like to refer to my actual inspiration board both in my closet and on Pinterest to help my brain think outside of my usual box if I feel uninspired.

Don't forget to head over to Modly Chic and see how everyone else handles outfit planning!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Loving that outfit at the top!
    I like picking out my outfits before going to bed but I've kinda gotten out of that habit and I just think about what I want to wear when I'm trying to fall asleep...haha
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Pinterest is a great source of inspiration for outfits! haha I need to ask my mom how I was as a dresser. I know I had odd requests like gold slippers and a fur coat in 3rd grade :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that you get to work from home. I used to be very good about picking out my outfits the night before, but I haven't done that in a while.

    For outfit posts, I get a lot of inspiration from online clothing sites and fashion sites.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do night before or let music guide me, since I see colors when I hear music

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...