Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pantone's Color of the Year - Tangerine Tango

I'm sure everyone has heard the news about Pantone's declaration of Tangerine Tango as 2012's color of the year.  I for one am very happy since I adore orange.  But orange can be a bit scary to wear (it's a color that seems to be easier to work with in decor than in apparel, no?), I mean you don't want to look like a traffic cone or like you are celebrating Halloween.

One of my favorite colors to pair with orange right now is navy.  There are multiple examples of this pairing in the Spring 2012 collections (I first called this color combo as a trend back in September and still think it's the way to go).  A great way to incorporate the orange/navy combo is to pair an orange top with navy pants or dark denim.  In fact dark denim is a great way to ease into it.  Here are some looks I put together to show how wearable this pairing can be:





What do you think?  Is this a color combo you can get into?

11 comments:

  1. i love this color. it can be tricky, but i think it's easier (for me) to wear than red. i love that you paired them all with leopard.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this color! I especially Love it with leopard print shoes like in your outfit sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shade of orange, and I definitely need more of it. I love the orange tops you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this color especially with animal prints.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't be happier. I love orange... and especially this shade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know this Gator girl LOVES this shade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello sweetie! Thanks a lot for visiting and commenting my blog. I really like yours - it's quite interesting, appealling and I totally identify myself with it. I'm your new follower now and would love you to follow back if you like my blog as well. Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    have a nice weekend and I'll be back for sure
    kisses
    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love tangerine!! The first outfit looks gorgoeus!!

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weee for orange. I have 1 thing that is that color, well two...but one is more red. I'm not usually a bright person but I enjoy them :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...