Monday, February 27, 2012

Hello Monday and my Oscar Best Dressed Picks and Monday Mingle

Hi!  Happy Monday!  At least I'm trying to convince myself it is.  It's chilly and raining here and my daughter decided that 5:30am would be an awesome time to wake up.  Of course that wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been up until 3am with one of my insomnia bouts*.  I didn't get to watch the Oscar show itself, but I watched the "pregame" on E! where I saw Sacha Baron Cohen dump the "ashes" on Ryan Seacrest live!  It was so funny because you could tell that Ryan was not amused and was scrambling to act like it was no big deal.  Didn't work.  Hey Ryan, we know it ticked you off and that, my dear, is why Mr. Cohen decided to do it to you.  Did anyone else see it?  Did anyone else notice how Ryan kept bringing it up to everyone he talked to the rest of the night?  He practically cried when he was talking to J.Lo about it.  Tee hee.

Okay, now to what really matters - the fashion!  In my opinion, there were three ladies who knocked it out of the park.  First up, Jessica Chastain in a gorgeous Alexander McQueen dress.  The dress is incredible and her hair was just perfection.  She was my top pick.



Next up is Octavia Spencer.  This Tadashi Shoji dress is perfect, the fit, the color, the way it pulls in at the waist.  She looked amazing! (And how happy was I that she won?  So happy!)

My last pick is Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford.  I love the drama of the cape with the dress.  Without the cape, the dress is okay, but the cape adds an almost architectural element, which I find really interesting.  Her hair was a fail in my opinion, it was weird.

So what do you all think?  Was the show as boring as I've been hearing?

*On a side note, TLC had a "My 600 Pound Life" marathon on last night while I was up and what a riveting show.  Oh man, heartbreaking, inspiring, happy, sad - there's a whole range of emotions that bubble up watching the struggles.  Has anyone else watched that show?  I would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm joining up with my girls over at BonBon Rose Girls today for the Monday Mingle.

Have a great Monday!

Images via UsWeekly and Style.com

9 comments:

  1. Holy crap, it may have even been worse than last year's fiasco with James Franco and Anne Hathaway. SOOOO boring. Yup, LOVED Jessica Chastain and Gwyneth, and Octavia was gorgeous too. Rose Byrne and Stacy Keibler were my faves - of course I go for the sequin and gold lame. Perhaps I was a Vegas showgirl in a former life....

    Mwah!
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post!

    following you now sweetie.

    wish you the best

    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That McQueen dress is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I didn't watch and have no clue what anyone wore :( guess I'll have to wait for the fashion police to break it down for me...

    That show on TLC is crazy! I've seen a few episodes.

    I used to have insomnia but gave up caffeine (except coffee in the morning) a few years ago and now I have no issues at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gwyneth was stunning in that dress. cameron diaz is always a favorite of mine, too.

    i've seen older shows about the 1 ton man or something...not sure if this is the same guy?? but yeah, sad. very sad.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed most of the oscars, as you know, so thanks for the dress recap. I love anything Tom ford does...apparently that includes capes! Love Jessica's hair too! Will recreate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...