Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Change is Afoot...

You know how sometimes you just "feel" something is brewing?  Well I've been feeling like a shake up in the footwear area is on the horizon.  Nothing major, just a bit of a backlash against all of the sky-high platforms, a return to a sleeker silhouette.  Remember the time when Manolo Blahnik ruled the shoe roost?  In my opinion he has the most beautiful heel shape on his classic pumps - not too curvy, not too straight - his are the gold standard.  His pumps are timeless...

And ever since I saw Prada's 2012 Resort collection, that non-platform, classic pump shape has been front and center in my mind.  I think the time has come for their return!  You can't beat their versatility, practicality and just plain overall chicness.  Heaven knows we all can't afford our own Blahniks, so I put together some great under $100 options. 

From previous experience Nine West makes some great pumps like this in an array of colors and textures. 

What do you think?  Is this non-platform shoe shape a refreshing change?  Do tell!

6 comments:

  1. Yes! Never was a fan of how stilettos felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I never was much of a fan of the platform. I do love a pointy toe pump tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i will always LOVE platforms, but i do like to throw on some classic shapes once in a while (with a hidden platform, lol). Nine west is one of my fave places because they are comfy, affordable, and usually have small sizes!

    [oomph.]
    What's the next line? Help write the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do like manolos for sure. i guess if we went back to this style then my feet would definitely hurt less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I loved the title... no pun intended, right :) While I don't mind a little platform, I love the ladylike look of the classic pump. I have a black pair that I haven't worn in a long time, and I think it's about time I bust them out again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...