Thursday, September 1, 2011

What I Bought Today (well, last week)

Last week I ran over to the local Borders to check out the going out of business sale and I ended up scoring a couple of style books:
First up is Rachel Zoe's book that's been out forever, but I never got around to buy. (I did notice she thanks Taylor in the credits - she wouldn't do that now, ha - and it seems I remember her in meetings about this book in Season 1 of The Rachel Zoe Project)

Next up is one of Nina Garcia's books called "The Style Strategy" (with gorgeous illustrations by Ruben Toledo)

Got both of these for around $15!  I've only had a chance to flip through them, but I will say that Nina Garcia's book looks like it's chock full of useful info and it's really beautifully laid out.  I plan on sitting down and really digging in over the long weekend.  I also plan on tackling my pile of September issues which is rather large (I swear I think the mail carriers must HATE September with a passion, nothing like a Vogue induced hernia.)

On a somewhat related note, I checked out some of Rachel Zoe's latest upscale fashion offerings and here are a few faves (available now):




I won't be buying any of these (needless to say) but they are great for inspiration!

Enjoy your Thursday!

Book images via Amazon
Other images via Bergdorf Goodman

5 comments:

  1. Would love to check out the Nina Garcia book! The Rachel Zoe peacoat is a classic timeless piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That peacoat is so calling my name. Hello, lover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want that Rachel Zoe book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a lot of reading in your future! You'll have to let us know how you like the books. I need to hit up my local borders before it disappears too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books look Fabulous! I LOVE Rachel Zoe. I am hoping that her fashions/handbags,etc. will go on sale so I can pick something up in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...