Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Want This For Fall - Trend #3 Capes

Today we'll tackle trend #3 in the week long series of what trends I think are important for Fall (check out #1 here and #2 here) - capes!  I'm all in with this trend because capes are comfy, timeless and great transition pieces!  And there are so many options from cardigan-like to coat-like so you have quite a few choices depending on how you want to wear them.  The cape trend comes and goes rather frequently, so if you want to invest in a cape that you can wear for years, make sure you focus on one in a shape and color that will be timeless!  Try for a midweight higher quality woven one in solid black, camel, grey or ivory.  Knits won't hold up year after year, unless it's a high quality cashmere or wool/wool blend which can get pricey.  If you are looking to just partake in this trend for the season then you can be a bit more adventurous with the color, print and go for the lower priced items.  Have fun!



7 comments:

  1. I got a faurx fur cape. I love that plaid black and grey one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a faux fur cape. Are you gonna get one of these? I really like the plaid black & grey one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a black faux fur cape. Are you gonna get one?
    I like the plaid ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look weird in a cape but think they're cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds...Love it! I did capes this morning and my fall trend o' the day, is lace! I'm linking this post in my cape post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of those things that I love, but whenever I try one on, it doesn't look right on me. But I'm willing to keep trying--you picked some gorgeous ones! The double-breasted one from Asos is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking the other day that I want a cape this year! Love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...