Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Want This For Fall - Trend #2 Southwest Prints

Let's tackle trend #2 that you may want to partake in for Fall - Southwest and Southwest-inspired prints.  Again, like with snakeskin print, a little goes a long way.  I like the idea of wearing this trend as an accessory (scarves and the like) and tops/cardigans.  A bag or shoe in this print just won't stand the test of time to get your money's worth per wear.   I think this trend can encompass everything from straight-up Navajo prints to Ikat and Kilim (in certain colorations).  I prefer the Kilim/Ikat approach, because they tend to be a bit more understated.  But it's all about keeping it in your comfort zone and what version would best work with your wardrobe.  Have fun!



5 comments:

  1. I big puffy heart that shawl collar cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a trend I want to try out, but I agree that an accessory or cardigan would be the perfect way to do it. I'm thinking maybe a belt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love these picks of yours. I was just eying a cardigan at F21 that was southwestern print.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love navajo prints. i've been eyeing this bag from free people that is a whopping $488!! with our weather, i would probably get the most use out of a bag, but i do love the jewelry as well!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, crud...don't think my first comment went thru.

    i love navajo prints. i've been eyeing a free people bag that is a whopping $488!!! with our weather, i'd probably get the most use out of a bag as opposed to a scarf or sweater. i do love the jewelry as well!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...