Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Random Bits

I'm having one of those weeks where I'm scattered and flustered and just in a funk.  Ever have one of those?  It's so darn hard to shake for some reason.  I think the best word to describe my mood would be "brooding" and not in a cool James Dean way.  Ah well, I'll get over it, in the meantime here are some random tidbits that have been floating around waiting for a post.

Remember that Friend Friday post when I referred to the old Donna Karan ads that I liked?  Well, before we packed up and moved I found the ads in my Donna Karan inspiration notebook (yeah, I have not one, but two Donna notebooks - there's over a decade of love in those).  Here are a few:






See what I mean?  So glam and  feminine yet so empowering - I mean with a tagline like "In Women We Trust" how can it not be?  Oh I love you Donna!

Check out how DKNY t-shirts used to be packaged when they first came out:

Yeah, in a giant tea bag - so cute!  (of course I kept one - how could you not?)

And here are some clothes that I had to pack up and put into storage - things I don't wear a lot, but just can't get rid of :o(

Wonder when I'll see these again (boo hoo).  Oh well, just call me a hoarder - lol!

Have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. This makes me wish I saved all of the DVF ads I've run across!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be the Summer Solstice, I am feeling a bit like hiding in a cave, myself. How's the new job? Will I see you at the Healthcare Show in Nashville?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a Bad clothes hoarder Lol! I think I may have the same cherry print shirt. Is it Luella for Target?

    ReplyDelete
  4. eek, guess i'm a hoarder, too! remember my motherload?? hehe.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm impressed with how organized your inspirations are! I tend to tear out magazine pages then lose them all the time! (Thank goodness for sites like pinterest!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow excellent photos on older ad, especailly from that designer!. :)

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally remember the tee bag! Love that you kept one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just parted with clothes from college recently. No judgment from me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...