Friday, June 24, 2011

Friend Friday - Blogging and Fashion

I'm joining up with Katy of Modly Chic again for FBFF!  This week is all about how being a fashion blogger has or hasn't changed and/or influenced us. 

1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping?
Totally, I'm more about accessories now and mixing patterns and colors.  It's nice to see different clothing combinations/options on real people and not models in magazines.  It makes a difference in what I can picture myself wearing.

2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that?
Not really, I've never been that cutting edge, the only thing that people generally comment on, in regards to what I'm wearing, are my shoes.  I love unique and colorful shoes!

3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it?
I really like people who go totally theatrical with their clothing (like Daphne Guinness and Anna Della Russo) but I just don't think I have the personality to pull it off.

4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do?
Well, it's not super current but I would love to wear some short shorts with high heels.  And I would love to try some mega-tall platforms but am so afraid that I would fall flat on my face (I'm not the most coordinated person on Earth - lol)

5. Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices?
This one is hard and it's a tie.  I adore Shannan from Merci Blah Blah's vintage finds and accessorizing and I love Oomph's mixing, matching and manicures. 


See what I mean?  They both rock some seriously awesome shoes and they make it look so easy. Either one of them can come and style me up anytime :o)

Check out what everyone else had to say here.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Re #3: You totally have the personality! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you sell yourself short..I totally see you wearing sky high platforms or rocking a fascinator. It's just not your time yet, it'll come. You haven't hit the, "I don't care what others think" stage yet..lol! I keep seeing these great fashion bloggers pairing stripes with leopard. Now that is what I'm not brave enough to do, but it's not as though I don't like it too. It's like I can't turn away!! Jenny great interview and let's hope you have a fun, summers weekend.
    Hugs to you and Miss A.

    xx Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh I like your picks! I definitely have been turned on to mixing prints as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, you've got the height and legs to sport some shorts and heels!! neutral wedges or espadrilles are a great way to ease into that...and with short shorts, the heels don't have to be that high either. i love that picture up top of the denim cut offs.
    and thanks so much for the mention in #5 :)

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should rock the high platforms--I'm sure you can totally pull it off! And I love colorful shoes too, they add fun to any outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I definitely mix it up a lot more since I started blogging and make better use of the clothes I already own. Learning to accessorise too. Go for the short shorts and heels - it's a great combo - if you're still a little afraid, why not try shorts with heeled wedges for a chic summer look?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff here girlie! I want to wear short shorts with heels too...I almost did on vacay but wore my flat sandals instead...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute post. I do love Becks from oomph as well.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those leopard shoes ARE seriously fabulous...and for what it's worth...I think YOUR style rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...