Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday!

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW!  I'm totally lame with just one outfit to post, but hey that's how it's been around here lately. 

Top - Liberty of London for Target
Jeans - Gap (my very first pair of skinny jeans that didn't make me feel like an ice cream cone when I put them on.  I've got hips so skinny jeans can be tricky.)
Shoes - Cynthia Vincent for Target

Close up of the print on the top - I love this print (and waited patiently for the top to go on sale).
We had to hop in the car and do a little road trip the day I wore this, that road trip involved a little detour through Atlanta to drop of something from my husband's work to a place that was in a very bad part of Atlanta.  Like, oh-look-there's-some-hookers-and-a-drug-deal-going-down, part of Atlanta.  How do I know they were hookers - well one was talking to a guy through the window of his car obviously "negotiating" something or maybe they were just discussing the stock market, who am I to judge?  It's funny because I'm Southern born and bred, but I never have clicked with Atlanta.  I have many ties to the city (my Dad went to high school there, my Grandmother worked at Emory University's hospital) but I always feel out of place.  One cool thing about any trip through Atlanta is when you get near Hartsfield Jackson airport and see the airplanes taking off and landing.  One after another, sometimes two landing almost side by side on different runways.   Just airplanes galore!

Don't forget to check out what everyone else is wearing for WIWW here!

9 comments:

  1. My husband worked for Delta Airlines for years. I love Atlanta but I only seen the good parts.
    Love the print of that top.
    Good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look Fabulous! I have that same top. Great minds think alike : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that print! Atl has a different feel to it than a lot of the South, I've noticed that just from visiting lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that outfit! Great print on that top and those jeans look great on you! I have only flown through Atlanta and yes the airport is CRAZY busy! Never actually been to the city. I *almost* went to college there. Hope things are settling down for you! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty top. Glad you did a close-up so we can see the details and the colors.

    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! I wish I could go back in time and buy that top--I loved so many things in the Liberty line, I wish I would have bought more than one shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look killer lady! I have those sandals in white. Aren't they comfy?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Print is fab! Wish it was a little larger on that top because it's just that amazing. Many things I love about Atlanta, but none enough for me to move there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the top is gorgeous...sort of a peacock vibe.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...