Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Met Gala Best Dressed

I know you've probably seen these a few times already in the ol' blogosphere, but here are the looks I loved from the Met Costume Institute Gala last night. (pssst - a little secret, I'm trying to figure out how to plan a trip up to NYC to see this exhibit before it closes in July.  I mean I'm such a McQueen fan, I don't know how I could not see it.  The only issue is that next few months are jam packed, so it's not looking good.  But I'm gonna try, try, try.)
Gisele in Alexander McQueen

Amanda Brooks in Giambattista Valli

Taylor Swift in J. Mendel

SJP in Alexander McQueen (I see you Andy Cohen!)

And this lady, is having one heck of a year so far!  (As Andy would say, "Mazel!" - don't act like you don't watch Bravo.)

Sarah Burton in Alexander McQueen

On a personal note, the blog will still be limping along through this month.  I've got oodles going on behind the scenes and I'll spill all the details when I can.  Meanwhile, I'm still here but the posts will be not as frequent until things settle down a bit.
Images via Vogue.com

11 comments:

  1. The dress Gisele is wearing is my Fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be so great if you could make it down there! even for a weekend getaway!!??!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one had not seen anything as I have not been feeling to good for the last couple of days, so thanks for the post and pics I sure do hope you make it up to NY, I wish I could but being here in S. FL does not make it very easy for me, and believe it or not as a travel agent I do not fly all my travel is via car, train, or my favorite cruise ship :) Thanks so much for the follow!
    ♥ Noemi
    Fashion: Classy N Glamorous
    Travel: Across The Sea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dresses! I wish I could dress up like that sometime! I think my fav is the red and then Taylor Swifts dress is beautiful. Bravo...well, remember my financial lockdown ....it included cutting out some of our satellite channels. I am dying over here for some Andy Cohen and the Housewives! Hope all is well with you and it's all good things that are happening :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your choices. Gisele was my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I love SJP's the best. So formfitting and flattering on her.

    Wish you the best of luck with everything that is going on.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I hope you get to make the trip to NYC! I've never been so if you do I'm living through you!! I love your picks--SJP's dress (with sleeves!) is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED SJP...and Andy Cohen too for that matter! I'm still mad at myself for not talking to him when he was inches away from me. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed out loud at your Bravo comment. I'm not embarrassed to say that I recognized Andy Cohen and got hankering for some housewife reunion action.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. You are gonna be one of my fav mommas tomorrow for my five fav friday! Check it out and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...