Thursday, May 19, 2011

Friend Friday - Outside Influences

Source: vogue.it via Jenny on Pinterest

A quick update, we are knee deep in moving and I started my new job so needless to say things are crazy.  CRAY-ZEE!  I thought I was so on top of my game last week with some posts ready to be written and then the whole Blogger insanity happened so those never materialized.  I finally was able to recover the draft of this post that was supposed to go up last Friday.  Oh well, welcome to my life right now.  Hopefully by June things will have calmed down and blogging will be a bit more regular.  In the meantime...

I'm joining (a bit late) Katy at Modly Chic for Friend Friday!  Today's topic is outside influences.  Don't forget to head over and check out everyone's answers here!

1. What magazines do you subscribe to?
I'm a magazine-a-holic, I just love them.  I get:
Vogue
Harper's Bazaar
Lucky
Self
Real Simple
InStyle
Health
Conde Nast Traveler
Marie Claire
Coastal Living
I think I'm forgetting some.  Luckily I get a bunch of these for free with airline miles so I'm not totally blowing the budget.

2. Do you watch any fashion TV shows?
I used to watch more than I do now.  I make sure to catch "The Rachel Zoe Project" when it's on and that's about it. 

3. Beyond blogs, what websites do you frequent for fashion inspiration?
Style.com, Vogue.com, Pinterest, various retailers sites.

4. Advertisements play a huge role in forming public opinion about a product or brand… what ads do you like and why?
Hmmm, one ad campaign that always stood out for me was the early 90's Donna Karan one with the model being sworn in as President.  (I've snapped some photos of these ads from my inspiration books since I couldn't find them online - will post later).  For ads out now, I always love a good Target ad and Bottega Veneta's ads.  Hermes print ads are nice, but I adore the fun illustrations they use on their emails and website - so cute!

5. Do you own any fashion books?
Um, yeah, lots - so many.  I blame this on my job because I do use these books a lot for inspiration, color, etc.  My favorites are Haute Couture, The Vogue History of 20th-Century Fashion (published in the late 1980's, this is where I saw my first Birkin - which was then referred to as a "large Kelly-bag". So basically a Birkin before it was a Birkin.), The Fashion Book, Fashion in Colors, Diana Vreeland.

6 comments:

  1. Well, better late than never. I am still hoping to recover a draft as well.
    Hope everything goes great with your new job. Are you working from home?
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. InStyle is my all-time favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you are busy! You have a lot going on girlie! Things will settle down soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the new job and the new house are both great!! And I know if I'm thinking of buying a fashion book or subscribing to a new magazine, I'll ask you for advice first :) You have quite a collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a Great Post! I Love fashion inspiration. I like to relax with a good fashion magazine and a glass of wine before bed : )
    I hope all is well with your move and new job : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I subscribe to People and Vogue...They definitely give me fashion inspiration! Hope your life settles down soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...