Sunday, May 29, 2011

Friend Friday - Hair Care

Oh, heck yeah, I'm behind (again), but I have a good excuse - second week on the job and two business trips, one of which involved an unplanned stay at the Atlanta airport Thursday night.  Thank you weather.  I slept a grand total of 1 1/2 hours between Thursday and Friday and those 1 1/2 hours were spent on a bench in Terminal A (don't be jealous).  Worst part was I decided to not take my laptop because it was supposed to be a quick trip.  Joke was on moi.  And no, there weren't any rental cars to be had and I have a dumbphone so I was internet-less and I don't recommend that at all.  In the meantime here are my answers better late than never.  Thanks again to Katy and check out what everyone else had to say here!


1. How often do you get your hair cut?
Not as often as I would like.  I used to do it every 6-8 weeks, now I'm lucky to get it cut every 4 months.

2. Do you go to the same stylist each time, try someone new, go to the cheap hair cutting chains or live it up in a salon?
I try to stick with the same person.  I had the BEST stylist when I lived in Westchester, NY - gosh, she rocked.  I've yet to find one I like here so I'm still shopping around.


3. Do you color your hair? How often? What’s your natural color?
Yeah, totally color my hair.  Again, I used to do it every 6-8 weeks when I got my hair cut (the good ol' days as I refer to them).  I color my hair myself now to save some coin and I aim for every 8 weeks.  As for my natural color, I haven't seen it since I was 18, but I think it's a mousy brown/dark blonde - I have noticed some *gulp* grey hairs as of late.  Not happy.


4. The one thing you always do to keep your hair looking great is:
Well, I have to say keeping on top of cutting and coloring, that always made my hair look amazing.  My hair hasn't looked really good since I got pregnant (hormones), so I'm still trying to figure out what will make my hair look like it used to.

5. What hair trend do you love and wish you could rock?
Anything stick straight.  Never can pull that off, my thick hair will not cooperate at all for that sort of thing.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a trip from hell especially with no internet. I now take my laptop anywhere I suspect there might be some down time and/or waiting time. Especially Dr or Urgent Care or ER visits. They could take forever and almost all hospitals have wifi now.
    Lesson learned right.
    Love the hair photos you posted.
    I totally missed this Friday's FBFF but had a way too crazy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get to the salon as often as I would like to either. Your hair does look Great and I was wondering how the at home hair coloring is? I have been wanting to do it but I am scared. Do you have any tips or helpful hints on at home hair color? Any brands that are good? Thanks so much. I bet you are glad to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I spent the night there once. With Ruth, don't remember the terminal, got no sleep due to the fact they left ALL the TVs on CNN. All. Night. Long. Ah the glamour of business travel. Congrats on the new gig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does not sound like fun, you poor thing!! I hope this week goes better! I missed the FF questions this week (I haven't figured out how to get the questions early, if possible) but I really liked reading everyone's answers. I've never been able to pull off stick-straight hair either--my hair is too thick and uncooperative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You dont want stick straight. Trust me.
    What's your new job like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so behind on my haircuts! actually, i was trying to grow it out, and i'm one of those who thinks i need to grow it out EXTRA long, so that when i get a haircut, it will still be LONG!, lol!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could duplicate Kerri's color. That's gorgeous! How's work going? : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm I desperately need to get my hair cut, but I can't afford it. My split ends are looking terrible!

    Just found your blog - would love it if you stopped by mine sometime.

    Andrea x
    andreareh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...