Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Five (well six) - Chanel Fall 2011

First of all, thanks for all the well wishes about yesterday's post.  Sounds like this stomach virus is winding it's way around the Southeast, so watch out!  Here's a car update, turns out the battery was bad and since we just got a new one a few months ago I took it in and got a replacement, what a relief.  I should give a shout out to AAA who came and jumped my car in record time.

Now, back to the task at hand, my two cents about Chanel's Fall 2011 collection.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - dear Mr. Lagerfeld, please, please start editing these collections.  I take nothing away from the  beauty of the clothing and his design genius, but you could remove 1/3 of this collection and not miss a thing.  Bottom line, it gets repetitive.  I will say this is my least favorite Chanel collection I've seen in a while, but there were some looks I loved.  Here are my faves along with some detail shots (along with one look that should have been edited before it was even thought of - eek!).



 Love the mixture of the greys and the textures in this look.



 Details!

Love the tiny touches of hunter green on the sleeves.


Only include to take note of the heel height and the lack of platform.

Now, do you see what I mean about editing?  Who on Earth would wear this jumper/hazmat suit?  Why would you want pockets on your knees?  And if you were to wear this, would you be in a situation where you would roll up the pant legs and throw on some pointy toe pumps?  Come on Karl, work with us here :o)
Images via Style.com

9 comments:

  1. Bwahaha! The tweeded hazmat suit is hilarious! Pockets on the knee are good for adding extra padding if you need to kneel a lot. Otherwise I like the classic lines and the shoes, very simple and can translate well into real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better and all is well with the car! I wasn't really feeling the grunge-y Chanel either and YES most of Lagerfeld's collections are way too big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are doing better. Sorry, I am so behind. Our family friend had a stomach virus as well and it was brutal. My heart goes out to you.
    You are right about the collection. I can't say I love all of these and usually I love Chanel.
    https://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need shoes on the moon? If not the jumper without shoes would work well.
    I do love that first long dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last one scares me a little bit. And I wasn't head over heels for these either--I think I like the more ladylike vibe I typically assume with Chanel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear...yes that suit is...well, bad. As far as your other picks...I do see some classic Chanel "peeking" out here and there. The first look is my fav! That red jacket is great! Glad your car is fixed...and I am sure you are too :) Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is definitely odd and im sure very expensive. i wouldnt buy it even if it was just a dollar. well maybe, id chop off the bottom part and use the top as a jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the dress in look #5. Glad to hear you are recuperating and that the car is on the mend, too. Hopefully next week will be happily uneventful!

    -xx Noe ADELLA AVENUE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...