Friday, April 1, 2011

A Little Friday DIY and Thank You's!

Is it Friday yet?  It is?  Oh, thank goodness, because it's been one heck of a long week playing catch up and miserable chilly rain with some thunder mixed in for good measure.  I'm ready for some sun and warmer temperatures - was it really just a week ago that I was sweating it out in shorts?  Welcome to Spring in the South.  Anyway, between my kiddo's barf sessions last weekend I tackled a short and sweet DIY.  I found these two remnants at Joann recently and snapped them up.

I had seen the nailhead corkboard DIY on Bryn Alexandra's blog amost a year ago and wanted to tackle it in my own home.  Since our house is on the market, I wanted to "neutralize" the inspiration board in my office area and make it seem more like art than a jumble of images that people don't really want to see that don't know me.  Here is the before:

 And here is the after (I decided not to put the nailheads on it because I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this fabric on the board when we move).

Now for the other fabric - I have a hand-me-down white wicker chair that have some pillows that just don't work.  So I just draped (for now) the fabric over the pillows to make it look prettier and blend with the room better - no one ever sits in the chair so it will stay nice and fluffy and in place.  It made all the difference in the world.  When we move I'll actually commit to a recover of the pillows ;o)
All in all, it took me probably about 45 minutes from start to finish.  Easy peasy!

Also, I've neglected a couple of thank you's for some recent giveaways.  Back in January I won a $25 gift certificate to ShoeClips.biz from the lovely (and super chic) Jessica over at Style Obsession.  Let me tell you I had F-U-N picking out my winnings - here's what I picked:
Lovely black chiffon flower shoe clips and some sparkly gold shoe clips.  I love them so much!  Shipping was fast and ordering was so easy.  Thank you Jessica!

Earlier this month, I won a $45 CSN gift certificate from the stylish Shea over at Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique.  I haven't spent it yet, but soon, very soon.  Thanks Shea!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

10 comments:

  1. You picked out some pretty clips! I can't wait to see them on a pair of shoes! I really like the gold pair! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving what you did with the fabric. You have a fabulous blog and I am your newest follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your shoe clip choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great DIY's! I;m glad your crazy week is coming to a close. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric for that bulletin board! Maybe your DIYs will inspire me to do a few of my own :)
    And you're welcome, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the chair will look great with those new covers. great finds...i love the prints.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabric is great and congrats on your winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very cool. I actually loved your inspiration board but yes with a house on the market that might not be the best seller display. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fabric is just gorgeous. Can you come cover a chair for me??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...