Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Weekend - A Couple of Outfits and an award!

I promised a couple of more outfits this week so away we go!  It was very much a "run errands, clean house and do laundry" sort of week - so these are a bit boring.  But I wore them and am trying to keep it real up in here.  I also am on a spending freeze (save for the Toms silver glitter shoes I ordered with a gift card that needed to be used), so that means absolutely no new non-essential purchases for the foreseeable future.  It's going to be hard, but it's a challenge I'm willing to take!  Here's what I wore:


How do you like that sweet bruise on my arm, which I just noticed?  It looks nasty, but I honestly can't for the life of me remember how I got it.  Such a delicate flower I am - ha!
Top - Target
Pants - J.Crew
Shoes - Payless
Necklace and Earrings - made by my Mom

Get out your sunnies people, I've got some seriously white legs.  And the sad part is, they don't get much tanner than this.  I've got MAC's light affair on my toes - but you can't tell.  I need to put a bolder color on the tootsies ASAP!
Top - J.Crew
Skirt - Original Penguin
Shoes - Cynthia Vincent for Target
Earrings - made by Mom
Necklace - Vintage/thrifted
Bracelet - purchased from a random store in Seattle

Here's a close up of the pattern on the skirt, which I love!

 Now on to the award (I love getting an award!).  The amazingly stylish and totally inspiring Oomph gave me the Kreative Blogger Award. 
If you aren't reading Oomph then start now! Not only can she throw on some amazing outfits but she has the best manicures in blogland - did I mention she lives in Hawaii? Yeah, so jealous! The rules are, I'm supposed to list 10 facts/quirks about myself - so here goes:
  1. I've never been stung by a bee.
  2. I hate to have any unread or read messages in my inbox - I have to read, file and/or deal with them almost immediately.  If they sit around too long then it bothers me.  Same with my Google reader.
  3. I have to have a clean kitchen before I go to bed, I don't want to wake up and deal with breakfast with last night's crap still staring at me.
  4. I have designed fabric for every market in the book (including cars), I have been to more interior trade shows than I can count, have had access to some of the most amazing furniture manufacturers out there and have been an active member of Color Marketing Group - but I cannot, no matter how hard I try, decorate my house.  I have no knack for it at all.
  5. I have a Diet Coke problem I'm trying to kick.
  6. I don't really drink alcohol except on rare occasions.
  7. I love eating salads but HATE making them.
  8. I've never sent a text message.
  9. I talk to my Mom pretty much everyday (this baffles my husband - lol!)
  10. I'm a total "to do" list-a-holic.  Right now I have 3 separate ones going:  Blog, Household/Personal, and Job Hunt.  I try to cross one thing off each list everyday.
Now I'm supposed to pass it along to other bloggers (always such a tough choice) - here you go!


Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. #2 - i wish i could do this. my work email inbox currently has 5,134 messages....yes, you read that right! and i hate it, lol. i try to be more organized with my physical mail though!

    #7 - i'm a salad person too. sure is hard work to make a good one with all the fixings!

    thanks so much for the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on financial lockdown too...I did finally break down and buy some shoes at Ross the other day. But that's it for a while. We are trying to pay for some trips that we have coming up. Great outfits! That skirt is great! I struggle with interior design...we have lived in this house for 10 years and I still have rooms I need to do something with...oh well one day they will get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving both navy and turquoise right now, so I like both of these looks! And the gold accessories looks so pretty with that second look too. Too funny that you've never sent a text :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are really cute outfits. Practica but full of style and polish.
    Congrats on the award. I read ooomph everyday.
    Oh My Goodness!
    We are identical when it comes to items
    #2, #3, #9 and #10.
    I can't tell you how much I can't sit more like can't sleep if the kitchen and family room is not picked up. As a result my kids rooms have to be totally picked up and organized before they go to bed.
    I am a total list freak. I create lists (and spreadsheets) for everything.
    I talk to my mom everyday.
    I read, respond, delete and file all emails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these looks! I should probably go on a spending freeze but I can't...if I do that then I go crazy and splurge when I can't handle it anymore XD
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...