Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Five - Bottega Veneta Fall 2011

Ladylike with an edge, that's how I would sum up this collection.  And lace/lace motifs are not going away anytime soon.  I love how there were a lot of "shadows" on the clothes, accomplished with dye and printing, etc.  Some things looked like they had been spray painted.  If you ever wonder how clothes can cost so much - check out the details in this collection.  Trust me the fabrics are not cheap and the construction is very technical and labor intensive (I did retain some information from my apparel schooling - ha!).  I may not be able to afford it, but I appreciate it!






 It's all in the details...
Woven with chunky, nubby yarn - which means it's got to be woven slower and with care (someone hovering around the loom).  Also means it's harder to sew - most likely there's a bit of knitted scrim attached to the back of the fabric to anchor it a bit - ?

Knit tunic and scarf with colored yarns/leather/whatever added in post production - by hand.

 Now for what Bottega Veneta is famous for - the bags.  Total and complete luxury, no logos needed.






Images via Style.com

3 comments:

  1. I love the details! I always enjoy getting an educated look at the (often painstaking) techniques which go into constructing and producing clothes. Thanks for the additional appreciation I now have for the collection!

    -xx Noe ADELLA AVENUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I'm impressed! I love all of the textures...


    xo
    jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the gowns--and I really want one of those clutches.

    Liking the new look around here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...