Monday, March 14, 2011

Bloggy Breakdown

A little over a week ago I had a little breakdown of the blogging variety.  I've had little hiccups about blogging - you know the usual things like - no one is following me, why are my stats so low, I feel so uninspired (overwhelmed, not good enough, etc.), and on and on.  But they've never visited my noggin all at once and never did they drag me down to the point that I seriously considered shutting the blog down and saying "buh-bye".  Well my friends, that happened over a week ago and I did what any normal social-networked-to-the-max person would do and tweeted for someone (anyone) to talk me out of shutting the blog down.  And, boy within seconds I got a flurry of responses*.  Basically telling me not to do it and to just take a break.  Which obviously I have been doing since last Tuesday.

The "day of the tweet " was not a good one, it was one giant cluster-eff of under-the-surface crap that came up all at once.  Like a craptastic volcano of emotion - you can quote me on that!  We all have those times and yeah, I was probably a bit dramatic - no, not moi.  Clearly, I can't stop blogging (or more importantly reading blogs) even if it's just my Mom and maybe my cat reading mine.  So I'm going to take a few more days to regroup, recharge my ego  self esteem batteries and most importantly finish school!  Yep, I've got one more final to take and I will officially be finished!

I'm going to probably be checking in with a few scattered posts that I've had in the works before returning full time.  If you miss me in the meantime you can always find me on:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

*I would be a pretty crappy bloggy/tweety buddy if I didn't say a great BIG "Thank you!" to the ladies that talked me off the edge with super sweet tweets in my hour of need :  Oomph, Maggie, Jackie, Kristin and Colette.  Thanks a million guys!  And also a HUGE thanks to all my loyal readers, I love you guys so much! Mwah!

7 comments:

  1. Wait, what!?! You have way more followers than I do! I took a bloggy break back when I was overloaded and lost many of my blog friends and followers. They all killed their blogs and profiles and are no longer findable. Very sad.

    I had to get over it all myself. I have 10 followers, 10. Seriously, I'm doing this for myself. I have to be because if I'm not there's no point.

    My daughters who are too young to read or write, love to look at your looks and top 5 picks and tell me about their favorites.

    Enjoy your break, but don't become a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be here when you get back pretty lady...A little respite never hurt anyone! And congrats on being almost done with school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. take a break! You deserve it... plus, just coming off the 30/30 which is REALLY challenging both in real life and in blogging terms. No worries! Do what you can and do it how it works best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? Sorry all that went on. I don't have a Twitter account...I know...everyone has one...but I just can't commit to it yet. Well, I hope you continue to blog! I love your designer posts!! I love all your posts! I know how bad days can affect you though...had a few of those myself lately. Keep your chin up! Things well get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll be waiting :)

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you decided to just take a break and not walk away from your blog. I think everyone feels overwhelmed, with blogging and with life in general every once in a while. And taking a break is usually the best thing to do. Just want you to know I love reading your blog--I'd be very sad if Spry on the Wall were no more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I speak for lots of readers when I say, don't stop. If you enjoy blogging for yourself, if it's a creative outlet for you, it's definitely worth it. Followers, fans, and readers are the icing.

    That being said, you have a great blog. You are true to your interests and experiences, and that makes your blog (and you) relatable and, quite frankly, motivating. Whether someone is trying to finish school, is setting goals, or finds the talent of designers and their unique perspective personally inspiring, your blog helps validate the experience of the reader, and your own.

    Not looking to sound like a motivational speaker, but I did want to sympathize with the feelings you're having and that we've likely all had at one time or another. You are appreciated. Enjoy your well-deserved break!

    -xx Noe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...