Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Uniform Dressing 4:1

I'm going to do something a little different this month, instead of a fixed top and bottom like previous installments, I'm going to do a fixed color scheme for the top and bottom.  Sort of a foundation for a look.  You could say I kind of did this last month with the LBD.  At any rate, this month it's going to be about a black top and bottom.  And I'll mix it up with different black tops and bottoms each week.  Make sense?  I hope so - lol! 

This week will be a "Uniform Dressing" mixed with a "my take".  Remember this outfit from my five picks from L'Wren Scott's Spring 2011 collection posted Monday?  Of course you do, it seemed to be a huge hit with a lot of you (and it's one of my favorite outfits from Spring 2011)!
So chic and pretty simple - black top and pants, black shoes with a fab jacket/cardigan.  I decided to make the pants corduroys and pair them with a silky turtleneck (love a good mix of textures to keep it interesting).  The top, bottoms and shoes (flats and heels) are all the same the only difference in the two looks below are the jackets/cardigans.  One look features high dollar ones and the other has a less expensive options.  First up the more wallet friendly version:

Here's the high dollar one (dare to dream):


In other news, yesterday Glamour magazine picked my bloggy buddy Kristin over at BonBon Rose Girls as Today's Best Dressed Reader - go and check it out.  She looks fabulous!!!

Runway image via Style.com

7 comments:

  1. That top look is so me. If only I pulled that off every day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww, thanks lady. You're too sweet! And I loooooove those cardies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great uniform--I think everyone has black tops and pants that need some inspiration! And I love that flower print cardi from Nordstrom--I really hope it goes on sale :)
    And that was so sweet what you said about my blog and my poses. I always thought my poses were boring and repetitive, so that made me feel good! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, it made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I would totally wear both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!!
    I just discovered your blog,it's very cute!
    I added to your followers:)
    xx Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...