Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving (signing off early)!

I absolutely don't have a Uniform Dressing for you all today.  I'm tired, I'm mentally drained and am tapped out for the week.  We've had quite an eventful past couple of weeks, I wish I could say full of parties and fun, but it's more like trips to the doctor (including one to the ER), not getting any sleep and a dinged up car (thank you mr hit and run).  So inspiration is not coming at the moment.  I think a little break for Thanksgiving is just what the doctor/pediatrician/life coach ordered!  We are going to stay put and celebrate here just the three of us, so I'm going to be getting my chef's hat on and tackle making my very first turkey.  I've done a turkey breast before, but never a whole turkey.  That paired with some mashed potatoes and green bean casserole should make me feel so much better - yum!  I'll also be making some of my famous artichoke dip for when we get our football on!  Also as a special treat I'm planning on making some French Onion soup tonight with a salad as a light prelude to the full on eat-a-thon that will be tomorrow!  I'll miss the families, but it just didn't work out this year.  I hope everyone has a safe and happy turkey day and make sure you take some time to think about all the things you are thankful for!

I'm not going to leave you totally high and dry - here are a few little tidbits until I return!
A part of an outfit I wore recently - I'm trying to figure out how to get pictures in this house, it ain't easy.  That will be something I will be fiddling with behind the scenes.  But anyway, it's just basically a long sleeve black shirt, kimono-like striped F21 cardigan (loved it so much on Jill I had to buy one myself), jeans and two necklaces (one vintage and the elephant one is from F21).  I cut my head off because I'm so beautiful the internet can't handle it - ha! - now that's comedy!

I also made a little detour on my way out of Atlanta a couple of Saturdays ago to an Ulta so I could pick up some new nail polish!  I was on the hunt for OPI's Ski Teal We Drop:
Oh yeah, it's good stuff - the only issue is that it comes off a little dark, I would liked for it to be a shade or two lighter.  I also picked up OPI's Glitzerland and Essie's Midnight Cami  - both are awesome!  Glitzerland is like wearing gold lame on your fingertips and it's not too flashy so it works for day and night. 


Midnight Cami is a fab midnight blue with a bit of iridescent cobalt undertones.


 
Why does nail polish always cheer me up?  Am I the only one? 

Images via moi and nail polish images via Amazon.com

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry lady. Sending happy vibes your way and wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving. And no...you aren't the only one. Staring at my Rouge Fatal pedi has made me really happy the last few days. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Thanksgiving! Nail polish cheers me up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny - boy my friend what a couple of weeks you all have had. It must feel like life never gets easier but it does, at least for a few years..hah! I so remember those days when it felt like no one was well. Hoping from one illness to the other. It just hasn't been the easiest of years for us both but you are great to remind us all to look for the positive (it's there) & give thanks. I do have much to be grateful for & I try to never take even those things for granted. I'll be thinking of you and just hope you 3 get a chance to relax and laugh. Eat well and enjoy the dip for me; I love artichoke dip!!
    Let us know how your 1st turkey turns out!

    Hugs to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the troublesome time. Hope you have a great quiet thanksgiving with your family. Love those nail polish colors. Especialy the teal one. I have been going a bit overboard lately buying too many and I don't have time to keep putting (or more importantly)keeping it on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same cardi as you ...and now I want that fab necklace...that would make me as happy as cute nail polish...if not happier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you were able to relax and enjoy Thanksgiving! I love that cardigan--I can't seem to resist anything with stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that essie color! I haven't seen that one before

    Come by and enter my giveaway for some beautiful jewelry if you like:
    http://elizabethscake.blogspot.com/2010/11/artwark-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...