Hope everyone has a lovely Halloween weekend! I've actually programmed posts for Saturday and Sunday (a my five and special Halloween post). It's been one heck of a week with a midterm and a written project due, but I fit it all in - whew!
I just love getting awards, I eat it up (I'm shallow like that - lol!). Anyway, the super awesome Katie over at Fashion's Maven gave me An Inspiring Blog Award! Yay!
1. Post this award (and the icon) on your blog.
2. List 3 things/people that inspire you.
My daughter and family
3. Award 5 (or more) other blogs that you believe are an inspiration for others.
Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique
Merci Blah Blah
Sogni e Sorrisi
and many, many more...pretty much any one in my sidebar is inspirational!
4. Let these bloggers know they won this award.
I got tagged by the adorable Kelly at Dressing Mommy! Here's how it works: I answer the 8 questions that she asked me, then I come up with 8 questions of my own and then tag 8 of you to answer my questions. Here we go:
1. What is your ultimate vacation destination? Hawaii, we went there for our honeymoon and I'm hooked. I've been a fair number of places, but Hawaii is my favorite (yes, even more than Paris)
2. What did you want to be when you were growing up? Fashion designer. My apparel classes in college killed that dream, I stunk at the technical side!
3. If your life was a TV show, what would your theme song be? That's hard, I really like the iCarly theme song (so positive and optimistic), as for an actual song, I honestly don't know.
4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? The ability to just transport somewhere instantly so I would never have to step on a plane again - lol!
5. Sneakers or Stilettos? These days, flats. But I have some killer stilettos in my closet waiting, just waiting....
6. What is your favorite holiday and why? Halloween, I just love the whole vibe. Thanksgiving is a close second (hello yummy food!).
7. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? That our house would sell, win the lottery big time, and to live life without fear ( I should have said world peace, I know)
8. What is your drink of choice? Diet Coke or water
Here are my 8 questions:
1. What's the last item of clothing you purchased?
2. What's your favorite TV show?
3. What's your favorite color?
4. How many pairs of shoes do you have? What percentage do you wear regularly?
5. What's your "go to" item of clothing - the one you seem to throw on time and time again?
6. What time do you usually get up in the morning?
7. What's your guilty pleasure?
8. What would be your dream job?
I also was tagged by the lovely Ms. Givens over at Trend Wisely to list my 10 favorite things (in no particular order).
1. My family
2. My friends
3. Blogging and blogs
4. Shopping - anywhere, anytime and for anything
5. My crap reality TV shows
9. Diet Coke
10. Social Networking (what did we do before it?)
Instead of tagging people for these last two items, I'm going to throw it out to everyone who wants to answer the questions and/or list your favorite things. You can do it on your blog or in the comments section. Have fun!!!
And just so you get a bit of fashion for today, here are a couple of looks from Missoni's (extremely colorful) Spring 2011 line:
Images via Vogue.com