Friday, September 17, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award - yay!


Last Thursday the lovely and stylish Shea of Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique passed along the Versatile Blogger Award to me!  Thank you so much Shea!  If you haven't had a chance to check out her blog yet, do it now.  She has such great style (and an adorable haircut to boot) and is quite the cook!  I'm proud to say we "met" through the Rosebud Network so I guess we need to thank Kristin and Megan too - LOL!

Anyway, I'm supposed to list seven random facts about myself, then pass the award on to some other fab bloggers.  Here are mine:

1.  I've never been stung by a bee.  I don't know why, but they just don't wanna and I'm so okay with that!

2.  I love doing laundry, it's my stress relief.  Must be the textile geek in me.

3.  I am a HUGE fan of the Nickelodeon "tween" show "iCarly".  It's such a well written, well acted show that you almost forget it's for kids.

4.  I was a double major - Textiles (design concentration) and Textile Apparel Management at NC State.  It was a lot more math and science than art.  A LOT.  I consider myself to be more technical than artsy.

5.  I started my Textile Design career designing woven chenille plaids for the lower end residential market, eventually working my way up and over to hospitality, office, healthcare and even automotive markets.

6.  I'm very sensitive to color, I just won't rest until a color or color combination is "right".  I blame this on a combination of instinct, training and a little emotion.  Oh the people who dyed yarns for various companies I worked for just loved me - ha!

7.  In a little over a week, I'm headed back to school for a career change and I'm scared to death.  More on that next Friday!

I now pass this award along to:

Katie at Fashion's Maven
Deb at Dumbwit Tellher
Kheli at Remember Your Karma
Lu at Hyperactive Lu
Amanda Lee at Fashionography
Kelly at KDL A Minute

Okay ladies, now it's your turn to list seven facts about yourselves and pass the award on!  Have a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love!! Yay for the Rosebud network! That's hilarious that you love doing laundry--I wish I shared that love! Good luck with your upcoming career change!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This made my day :) Good luck on heading back to school, excited to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I didn't realize I was one of the recipients!! THANK YOU ( :

    You are a textile geek but that's a really...really great thing. You're the only woman I know who loves to do laundry. Although, my mom loved to iron..can you imagine? I think my mother in law did too! Never been stung..too lucky I say. You are blessed with a keen-eye and highly-tuned skills to be able fine tune color and pattern. It is truly an art, I know math too!! Thank you Jenny dearest. I'm excited about your new career change, I have a slight idea what it might be. All the same very exciting. Thank you for thinking of me & I will get my thinking hat firmly attached. All my best for a wonderful weekend for you 3.

    xo xo deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun learning these little tidbits about you Jenny! My husband wishes I loved doing laundry : ) Can't wait to hear more about this career change! Have a lovely weekend!

    xx Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! Can't wait to hear about your new career! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the blog award!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...