Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Five - Theyskens' Theory Spring 2011

I remember being thrilled when I found out that Olivier Theyskens was going to do a collection for Theory.  I'm such a fan of Theyskens' work, he's a super talent that never seemed to get settled into a label (Nina Ricci or Rochas) or on his own.  It makes me sad because his work is beautiful and dramatic and I always wanted to see more.  Fingers crossed he can get his footing and we will see more of his stunning red carpet work in the future.  For now, take a gander at this fab collection for Theory.  Theory makes great suits and separates (I'm wearing a Theory top as I type this), reliable, well made basics.  So injecting some edgy/cool into the label with this collection is exciting.  The price points will be a bit higher than regular Theory items (which aren't exactly cheap) so as much as I want many of the pieces, that ain't gonna happen - lol!  Anyway, I'm going to present a few more than five looks because the outfits are great for inspiration, even right now.  Yeah, you know a "my take" is coming.  Enjoy!
Images via Style.com

2 comments:

  1. After cooking school, while I was working on my externship - I also took a job working for the fabulous Linda Dresner. She sold Olivier Theyskens' line, if I am not mistaken... this would have been back in 1999 = Amazing.

    I love those wide leg pants, I wonder if my hip bones would look like that in them?!?! Kidding! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this collection! These are just such great staple pieces

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...