Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy Weekend and What's Going On

I teased last week that I'm getting ready to start school for a career change and that I would tell you all more about it.  Well, here we go.  Starting tomorrow (and every Saturday for the next six months) I'll be sitting in a classroom learning to be a paralegal.  Now this is something I never would have imagined myself doing, but honestly I need a change and I crave a more stable industry.  I've been a textile designer/stylist for 10+ years and the textile industry has been on the decline here for a while (the past 2 years have been a killer, I mean seriously, as bad as it gets) and as one of my friends joked, two people, both working in the textile industry should never be allowed to get married - one person is always going to be unemployed.  So if my husband and I want to live in the same state (and we have lived in different ones for our jobs) then one of us needs to change paths.  I'm not totally ditching my textile design work, I will find a way to still do that in some capacity sooner or later.  That's a threat and a promise - ha!

So why am I telling you all this and what does this all mean for the ol' blog?  Well, it means that I'm going to be posting probably only three times a week (if it's less then you know that school is kicking my ass - lol!  If it's more, well then notify Mensa).  So you won't be totally rid of me.  My goal is to keep going with the "uniform dressing" series, a few "my take's" here and there and my picks from the fashion shows.  I love this whole blogging thing way more than I should, I love all my readers and followers (thank you!), I love all my fellow bloggers and I crave the creative outlet this blog gives me.  But this must be the lowest priority during school (it is my hobby, it's not paying any bills for sure).  I will be back to daily posts eventually and I will be doing some behind-the-scenes work/experiments that I hope will enhance the blog in the next year or so.  Could that mean that I might actually start posting my outfits?!?!  Maybe, I'm a bit shy and not at all photogenic, however it is a goal so that may be in the future (my sister-in-law is a model so I might need to get some pointers).  Point is my wheels are turning and I plan on keeping this going.  I really appreciate you guys and thanks for reading, your comments make my day!!!  xoxo Jenny

You can always find me on Facebook and Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with school! Sometimes a change can be very exciting!!!! Love your blog and I'll look forward to your posts---including our own outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny - you know I'm sending you all the best for the new path you are embarking on in your career. I think it's exciting & as long as you don't give up your love of textile designing it's a win/win. Now I understand how it's difficult for both of you to be in that industry.

    Go out there & kick butt Jenny and can't wait to hear how you enjoy your classes. hugs to you xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me lady...In another life I was a paralegal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Former lawyer here...best of luck to you! Its so great to shift gears every so often and never ever stop learning...plus every time you embark on a new path in life, you really never know where it will take you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well good luck to you! I'm sure you'll make a great paralegal, and having such a creative background certainly can't hurt. And, for the future, you should go for it with outfit posts. I'd love to see them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you - change can be exciting!! Good luck on your new adventure!! I didn't realize you and your husband were in the same industry - that's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your first day back to school went well! How was the drive? Hopefully uneventful and the drive went by quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...