Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Weekend and Children's Clothing Keepsake Quilt Finale!

I hope everyone has a marvelous weekend! Since my hubby is working almost non-stop it's going to be another low key one (and a bit somber with the anniversary of 9/11, which always makes me very sad).

On a lighter note, remember a couple of months ago one of my friends was working on a keepsake quilt made from my daughter's clothes that I wanted to keep, but not store?  Well, it's now completed and is absolutely beautiful!  It is exactly what I had pictured in my mind and she did an amazing job!  Here it is (from her blog):

Now some pictures I took (not the best in the world, I'm no photographer.  Obviously - ha!)

The center of every square has a motif from from the clothes in it, either the print from the front or some sort of other decorative embroidery, even a pocket from one dress.  So special!


The back of the quilt is Paula Prass' Garden Trellis in pink (a perfect mid-scale print in a pink that's not too sweet or hot).

The top full size picture isn't showing as large on my blog - but pop over to Kheli's blog post for a larger picture and a great description.  Kheli is a fabulous quilter who has an Etsy store too.  Keep her in mind if you ever want an amazing quilt made.  Her work is perfection!  I can't thank her enough for this treasured keepsake!

Images via Remember Your Karma and moi

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like it! I had soo much fun making it and I love all the little embroidered critters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is beautiful! What a wonderful idea! How I wish I could sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet quilt - and a brilliant idea! Whenever I have children, I'd love to make a keepsake like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, Kheli's master piece is amazing. I can't think of a greater gift to Miss A. than this wonderful keepsake. I love the trellis patterned fabric for the back, perfect.

    I hope all is going well with your new Realtor. Sounded like a good choice. Not much happening here @ all. Had a showing today & about fell off the sofa when I got the call. Thanks so much for the sweet comment about daughter Kate. I bet you she's older than you..eek!! You know what that means, I'm older than dirt!

    Wishing you a good Sunday. Yes today is a somber one. Shall never forget.

    With love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfect! Left a note for Kheli on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing idea. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with this...have been saving special clothes for years..will check out her sight b/c your quilt is so gorgeous, this made my day! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...