Monday, May 17, 2010

I want this! - Children's Clothing Keepsake Quilt

I've been purging a bit lately, anticipating a (hopefully soon) move.  I want to get rid of things we don't need or want anymore.  This includes lots of baby stuff  - and boy can you accumulate tons of do dads when you have a kid.  Most of the stuff I've already purged we hardly used.  We aren't planning on having another little one so I also am getting rid of things she's outgrown/finished using. 

The point of all this rambling is that I'm totally digging the idea of a quilt made out of the little one's outgrown clothes (the "sentimental" ones) that I decided to keep.  I went through her outgrown stuff about 4 months ago and honestly I thought it would be harder to purge - I kept hearing people say it was so difficult letting go of the clothing, so emotional.  Well, maybe I'm totally heartless, but I got rid of 95% of it without batting an eye (meanwhile, my Mother was with me and I think she cried more than I did).  But the question remained, what to do with the keepers?  I don't want to just keep them in a plastic storage bin forever, seems pointless.  So I thought and thought and decided that a quilt would be a useful and lovely keepsake.  Here are some images I found for inspiration:





 
"Butterfly Kisses" Via Kathy K Wylie

Now, I don't quilt, so I'll have to get on the ball and figure out where to get it made.  I'm still working on that part.  Do you all like this idea?  Any other suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm- I know someone who makes quilts! Can you think of anyone? hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I may know someone who makes quilts.....

    hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing concept. I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know Fun Quilts? http://www.funquilts.com/index.html Check it out... lots of delicious inspiration over there.
    xxABCD

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny you mention them, a friend of mine went to ICFF and stopped by their booth then emailed me the website so I could look. Fab quilts for sure, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...