Thursday, April 8, 2010

Julianne Moore is one class act


Indulge me for a second while a take a trip down memory lane.  Waaaaay back in the mid-1980's I watched all the soaps on CBS, oh yes I did - The Young and the Restless (which I still watch on occasion *ahem*, don't judge me), As The World Turns, Guiding Light and yeah, I watched The Bold and The Beautiful when it first aired.  But let's get back to the soon-to-be-off-the-air As The World Turns.  Back then Julianne Moore was just starting out and she played duel characters on the show "Frannie" and her look alike cousin/sister/whatever "Sabrina" (cue "The Patty Duke Show" music - "...but they're cousins, identical cousins..." - if you remember that I give you mega props).  Well, I loved her on the show, I loved the characters, it was just all around good times - in 1988 she won a daytime Emmy for the role.  Fast forward to this past Monday 4/5 when Julianne Moore came back for one show as "Frannie".  Well, even though I don't watch the show anymore, I had to tune in.  And there she was, towards the end of the show - not for very long, sort of a "walk-on" deal.  She looked divine and honestly looked so happy to see the people she worked with so many years ago.  It was a classy thing to do, not many actors of her caliber would go back to daytime, where they started, even for one episode.  But she did, and she did it out of her love for the show and her time on it and also to say goodbye.  I've always liked her as an actress, but now I like her even more, what a classy lady!

Here's a clip if you are interested (my lame self totally cried when I watched - I'm such a dork).


Image via InStyle

4 comments:

  1. I adore her & where the heck was I when "frannie" was on the boob-tube? That was totally news to me. She is just the complete pkg.; beautiful from the inside out.

    I use to watch all the soaps too. What was I thinking?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her! Forgot she started out on soaps just like Demi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I felt for everyone coming back to the last episode of ER. I hadn't watched in years...but you know I had to watch that. And I adore Ms. Moore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. In high school and parts of college, I totally watched Y&R, B&B (when it was brand new), ATWT (always my fave) -- then switched channels for General Hospital. I absolutely remember the Frannie twin story line at completely didn't make the connection to Julianne Moore. Hilarious! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. BTW, just saw Craig (from ATWT, I think) on a Tivo-ed episode of "30 Rock."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...