Monday, March 15, 2010

Chanel Fall 2010

That wacky Karl Lagerfeld is at it again, this time the Chanel show was staged around iceburg chunks (seriously, imported from Scandinavia - what?) and the models walked on a "runway" with water on it - iceburg melt, if you will (which didn't mix well with the "fur" boots)
Ick!

I'm just going to say this wasn't one of my favorite Chanel collections, don't get me wrong, there was a lot to like, but when you start a show with this as the first look - well...

Visions of Chewbacca dance in my head...

Anyway, like I said there were some looks I liked:

Some detail shots:

Honestly I'm craving a non-theme collection from Chanel though.  Please, Karl?!?  The staging is starting to overpower not compliment the collection.  He's too darn talented and innovative for all this extra stuff.

Images via Style.com

2 comments:

  1. The Chewbacca reference brings to mind my favorite Star wars quote: Let the Wookie Win. As always, love your commentary and love the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I totally thought Chewy even before I scrolled down. Ah ha ha. Too funny. I do dig the iced out bags though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...