Saturday, February 13, 2010

RIP Alexander McQueen 1969-2010

It took me a while to do this post, when I heard the news Thursday that Lee Alexander McQueen had passed away, I was stunned.  He was a true artist, one that sculpted in fabric, leather and embellishment.  A man after my own heart, he used high tech fabrics, innovative finishes, his technique (honed on Savile Row) was impeccable - his digital prints were out of this world.  He will be missed more than words can express.  I just pray he is at peace now and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Here are a few examples of his work - this first clip features one of my favorite McQueen runway moments - Shalom Harlow spinning on a platform while two robots spray her dress with paint.  Completely AMAZING!


This next one features a hologram of Kate Moss from one of his shows, so beautiful and haunting:


This is a McQueen retrospective done by Net-A-Porter in 2008, it shows some really great examples of his work:


Here is an outstanding piece outlining his career.  And here is yet another from WWD.  If you want to check out any of my previous McQueen posts go here.  It's a very sad time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...