Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes 2010 - my picks for best dressed

I'm over award shows, I used to LOVE watching them, but for me watching them now is just awkward and boring.  I honestly don't care who wins what at this point (unless it's a friend or family member - ha).  Besides, the best part about the shows is seeing who wears what, right?!  I mean, come on that's the fun bit!  I did tune in for a few minutes of the "pre-game" - as I like to call it - on E! so I saw a couple of dresses in person, so to speak (this was before the hubby hogged the remote to watch a basketball game - BTW, whomever designed Duke's uniforms with that horrible light grey print all over the back should be smacked.  Who allowed the Oklahoma Sooners basketball team to have the word "Sooners" written across the behind like they are wearing Juicy Couture?  Aren't we all over this questionable trend?  There was a time 10-15 years ago when sports uniforms started looking decent, now they've all gone crappy again.  Who's designing this stuff?)  Oh dear, I digress, sorry.  Anyhoo, here are my picks for best dressed at the Golden Globes.

Sofia Vergara in Carolina Herrera (okay I saw this one on E! and the picture doesn't do it justice - the back is outstanding, the color combination divine)


Maggie Gyllenhaal in RM by Roland Mouret


Emily Blunt in Dolce and Gabbana (am I the only one who has a girl crush on her?)


Sandra Bullock in Bottega Veneta


Amy Adams in Carolina Herrera (I have to give her special mention because the emerald green dress and golden orange of the accessories are a fab color combination and she's pregant rocking Louboutins)


Courteney Cox in *gasp* Victoria Beckham (might this be the first major red carpet appearance by a VB dress?  I think so.)
 
Cameron Diaz in Alexander McQueen
Images via UsWeekly

1 comment:

  1. My favs were the ones that got smashed in the press. I loved Drew Barrymore and Chloe Sevigny. So high fashion but not ridiculous like Kate Hudson's "Fondant" dress (My Favorite and My Best called it that- SPOT ON!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...