Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm not cool and I'm okay with that...

...seriously.  The reason I said that is because, well, it's true and also because - hang on to your knickers - I love UGGs.  There I said it.  Every fashionista (I hate that term, by the way) just recoiled in horror.  Well recoil away ladies.  I'm not fronting that I wear heels everyday or even gorgy jeweled ballet flats, I don't and I can't.  Running after an almost 18 month old through playgrounds, the yard and Target require a bit more functionality.  And in the cold weather months, UGGs are the most snuggly, easy, comfy shoes ever.  And I'm in need of a new pair.  These just might fit the bill. 



Don't judge me too harshly, I still love my fancy shoes, but they simply don't fit my current lifestyle.  I'll get there again, but for now, I'm good with my UGGs and Birkenstocks. 

6 comments:

  1. Admitting you're not cool is SO totaly friggin cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally even (I'm such a bad speller!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My BFF - the fashionista she is - totally hates my UGGS but I love them!! Even if Robert Pattison does not. They are my wintertime flip flops and I have two pairs - pewter and bronze :) - JKH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying out the uncool "cool" approach, sort of like James Franco being on General Hospital. :o)

    Thank you Townhouselady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stand tall (in your Uggs of course) and proud - nothing is worse than a fake. My youngest dau. Em wears Uggs even here in Houston & yes, with her shorts. As for me, I am the uncoolest of all. I love my Frye motorcycle boots & my birkenstocks. Would I love to dot about town looking like SJP in my Manolo's (if I had them, hell yes. But sadly, I'd break a hip & have to be seen sporting a walker instead of a motorcycle. So what I'm saying is - you are never alone; let nerds unite xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dobby, you want to see uncool? As you know I'm starting to have a hard time bending over my preggo belly to get my shoes and socks on and off so I thought WTF am I going to do in the winter when the man isn't home to put my socks and shoes on for me? Well, this is my evah so sexy answer:

    http://tinyurl.com/yftnmrv

    Now how uncool are those? *weep weep sob sniff*

    I bet they'll be comfy though! I'll let you know when they get here I ordered them from Zappos yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...