Wednesday, July 1, 2009

First look at the Sears Tower Skydeck Ledge



Check out the new Sears Tower Skydeck ledges. Wow, I'm not sure if I would have the courage to step out on one of these. It would be very surreal. It brought to mind the time, 17 years ago (good grief I feel old), when I had the opportunity to go on the roof of the Sears Tower. I was working a summer job there when I was in college and long story short, I got to go on the roof. It was INSANE, talk about being on top of the world. I'm deathly afraid of heights, but for some reason it didn't scare me because it seemed so unreal. The only time I got a little terrified was when I looked up at the two antennae and the person I was with told me that someone actually climbs up there to change the light bulbs. One job I could never, ever do. Did I mention that it's a little windy up there? Well, it is. I still can't believe I got to do that and it was one of the coolest moments in my life. Do enjoy the cool pictures and story in the link below!


1 comment:

  1. I heard about this on the Today Show this morning. It is insane - not sure if I could step out there?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...